Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Days go by...

Hilarious Saturday afternoon spend watching Jack, Max and Joshua interact. Jack's the oldest, but that doesn't stop Max one bit. Only difference is, Max thinks every push and shove from Jack is all a game - hardy har har har. But to Jack, it's war. Like, for realsies. Don't mess with that kid. The scowl on his face said it all. He was enamoured with Joshua though, as you can see below...he sang him songs ("it's raining, it's pouring, the old man is snoring...") and generally got excited at any movement the baby made.







On Sunday, i had brunch with my cousin Lia (she's getting married too, which is great cause i can talk about weddings unabashedly to her and she's totally enthused about what I'm saying. Normal people get bored after about 60 seconds. "Yes, we know. You're getting married. I don't care about what flowers you like. Get away from me, crazy person."), and followed up with a spot of shopping at some local vintage stores (3 dresses. Yeah, you read that. 3.). Then i decided i hadn't seen enough of Jack for one weekend, so we headed over to Maria and Peter's for homemade pizza on the BBQ - Maria and I were delighted with the outcome, as you can see.


We're both looking like we have jaundice in this photo cause it was taken with Jo's camera phone, and for some reason it's given us a delightfully yellow hue. But check out that pizza folks. Top notch quality. We could be in Italy. (No really. That's what the pizza looks like over there.)
Jack is a pest, by the way. I may have mentioned that on this blog before. In fact, I'm pretty sure the last few posts have highlighted something or other about his pest-iness, and Sunday was no exception. "Have you done poos?", he asked me several times throughout the day. No kid. I haven't done poos. Jeez. Wanna say it any louder? Just to make sure I'm not telling fibs, he tries to look up my dress to check. And it's understandable. We're looking down his pants every 5 seconds to check for crap. Why the hell shouldn't he be doing the same thing? (Totally kidding. Message to Maria - stop your kid from messing with my underwear.)
Maria tells me he's learning his body parts. Which would be lovely, if he wasn't so obsessed with his peepee. "Where's your peepee?" he asks everyone (boy or girl - no discrimination here). Hopefully it's not a question he's still asking when he's 15. His grandfather asked him in return, "Where's yours?" Jack considered the question, before answering, very reasonably if you ask me, "In my nappy." Well said, kid.
Last night we went to the beach for a stroll, my very favourite thing to do, because i absolutely love the beach. Love. It. And i haven't been very much this summer, which kinda sucks. But our efforts were rewarded with a beautiful sunset, so that's nice, and if I'm brave enough to face the water temperature, i might go for a dip or two when we're in NZ - Jo's family is only a few minutes from the beach.




P.S - 7 working days till we're outta here for two weeks, suckers.

No comments:

Post a Comment