Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fame and fortune find me at last





A PASTA brand bearing my name??? The irony is too much. Behold people, and suck it! I apparently use organic eggs, but the price tag shocked me. Almost $20 for 4 cannelloni. Pfft, who the hell do i think i am?




I am desperately awaiting the weekend. This whole week has been so....MEH. I can't think of a better way to describe it. Just meh. I have, however, just finished a wonderfully racy book called The Crimson Petal and the White, by Michel Faber. It's set in 1870s London, and it's heroine is a 19 year old prostitute called Sugar. Beware, this is not for the faint-hearted. First, its 800 pages long. But it's incredibly readable, unlike some historical fiction, and the characters are varied and very much alive on the page. Second, i wouldn't recommend this if you're a prude. Sex, swearing and violence are regular features (so a triple thumbs up from me), and if that's not enough to tickle your taste buds, i don't know what is. The writing is superb. Really. The era has obviously been meticulously researched by the author - it's incredibly detailed, and altogether an excellent read, if you dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment