Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Sunny day, sweeping the the clouds away!

There's no more beautiful city in the world than Sydney on a sunny day. I'm calling it now. Some may disagree, and i shall let them - but when there's a cloudless blue sky and endless pockets of this amazing city to explore, there's no place I'd rather be.


Of course, i am bias. If you read this blog you know I'm a passionate Sydney-lover. I guess everyone feels that way about their home-town though, so i don't feel bad about it (and you can't make me.) My point is, the weather's been warm and sunny (after days and days of rain) so we've taken advantage and visited some of our favourite spots.



If you asked me where my favourite outdoor spot in all of Sydney is, I'd say Balmoral without hesitation. For a start, the scenery is really stunning. Views out to the heads, shimmering aqua blue waters, yachts dotting the ocean and shorelines...seriously appealing. The water in summer is always warmer than other beaches because its a cove. It's home to one of my favourite brunch places, the Bathers Pavilion, who also do a damn fine dinner if you wanna go somewhere a little bit fancy. And its lack of public transport is actually a big plus - it never gets as crowded as Cronulla or Bondi, so it has more of a neighbourhood feel.


We were in Mosman for breakfast last weekend, so we decided to head down to Balmoral for a walk since the day was shaping up to be so fine. I'm sure my English friends will see me rugged up in a hat and scarf and jacket and think I'm crazy for wearing so many clothes on such a sunny day, and on this occasion i have to agree with them - i was boiling.


Sparkly Balmoral Beach








Peace dude. Hard out.

Jo loves facts.

The beautiful Bathers Pavilion


Another day, we took a random drive through Point Piper (to check out the houses we'll never be able to buy), and ended up spotting a teeny tiny entrance to a little reserve with stunning views of the harbour. If you blinked, you'd miss it, but i told Jo to pull over and we jumped out to have a look. You had to walk down a whole bunch of stairs and wildly overgrown brush....

 


...but it was well worth it for this view:




There was some sort of regatta happening, hence all the sailboats.






This is my "LOOK AT THIS EFFING VIEW!" pose



Thanks for the great weather, Sydney! Keep it up!



1 comment:

  1. I'm loving that you are rugged up but Jo is in short sleeves. LOL!

    ReplyDelete