Sunday, November 22, 2009

Champagne. It's coming to get ya.

The thing about champagne is that it's bubbly. And the thing about bubbles is that they have quite the kick. Which is totally OK with me, until it's time to get up the next day, and then i curse those damn bubbles straight to hell.




Obviously this is a prelude to me telling you that on Friday night, me and Champagne became very, very intimate. We spent the whole night together. But the morning after i felt totally used. I mean i thought we were having fun, and then as soon as i wake up it karate chops me in the stomach. Alas, the connection we shared turned out to be fickle. But the night itself was super fun. As always, it was supposed to be just one drink, and then just one more, and suddenly it's midnight and you have no idea where the night went. For realsies.




Still, the whole point of going out was to celebrate our friend Con's birthday - (p.s, Happy Birthday Con!) - as his friends, it was our duty to oblige his request. We ended up meeting some Italians who has just arrived here like a month ago on a working visa. In my bubbly haze, i possibly assured them my Dad would be able to get them jobs cause he knows so many people - "no problems!" was the exact phrase i believe i used. And the worst part is, i think they have my phone number. Which means they could potentially call me at any time about this non-existent job. See how champagne screws you?




Anyway no rest for the wicked. The good times continued through to Saturday night, for Mel's 30th birthday cocktail party. I'm going to give another shout out - Happy Birthday Mel! Hope you've enjoyed all the celebrations! The party was at Ravesi's in Bondi, on the balcony overlooking the water, which was great. It's been HOT this whole weekend, so an ocean breeze was just what we needed. The cocktails flowed, let me tell you, and we had a lot of fun.





Mel and I


Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my vino.

Jo, modeling his classic 'serial killer' face, and David looking thrilled to be alive after 4 vodka lime and sodas


Errr, I'll call this one 'Bondi at dusk'

I'm kinda going backwards, but during the day on Saturday we went shopping in the city for a few bits and pieces, and as i promised you some Christmas cheer...voila! The QVB Christmas tree, which goes up every year and always looks great. Since there are three (or four?) levels, and the tree is so enormous, it ends up splitting up through the levels, if you know what i mean. Bah, you probably don't. So here are some pictures to illustrate.
Top of tree...

Bottom of tree...
Whole tree! Merry Christmas!
Annnnnd after our shopping expedition, we dropped in to see my cousin Susie and Max, who let me just say now right now is the cutest kid - he laughs non-stop (or until he cries, which actually has happened and is just as funny as the laughing bit - sorry Max).

Max, who has recently discovered the pleasure that is opening the kitchen shutters. Apparently it is a source of great joy.


And here he is in his next favourite thing to do, which is to wear tupperware as a space helmet. Don't judge. We all like doing that.



Today it was over 40 degrees - we had a BBQ to go to, which was fun apart from the aforementioned 40 degree thing, but more on that later cause I'm tired and it's still really hot and i just know i won't sleep. The good news is, Jo is at the Pearl Jam concert so i get to watch whatever i want on TV, and i have like 3 episodes of Rachel Zoe backed up. See y'all when i come out of my fashion coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment