Thursday, November 19, 2009

Finally you're in peppermint land

I hear you all asking what I've been doing this week, the answer to which is not much. My highlight was Monday night, when i went to see Tori Amos with Kat at the Opera House. The title of my blog post is from one of my favourite songs of hers actually. Anyway, I'm a long-time Tori fan - her songs are amazing and dark and beautiful, like strange poetry, but to see her live is a real treat cause she is FAN-FREAKEN-TASTIC. No seriously. Awesome.




We've seen her before, a few years back, so we knew she'd be great. She plays all her own music, it's just her and her piano and keyboard and organ, some of which she plays at the same time too mind you. And an amazing voice. At all of her shows she likes to do a cover or two - last time she did a song called Vincent, originally by Don McLean (who also sang American Pie) and happens to be one of my favourites - and this time around she did Somewhere Over the Rainbow, which if you know me well enough (as Jo does, which is why he got my excitement) will know is also one of my bestest ever songs.




Other than that, I've been being all domestic (so unnatural) this week and cooking up a storm - hello, honey and soy chicken with rice and Chinese broccoli sound good enough for you? Well it WAS good, so suck it. And tonight, garlic and pepper pork with potato bake and some greens. What can i say, sometimes a girl's gotta experiment with her skills, ya know?




Oh, and one more piece of yummy news - we were at my parents last night and Ashley gave me a special present - a whole box of American sweets including the BEST peppermint chocolates ever made, Junior Mints. This may be a ploy on her part to make me fat, but hey. Whatever. Just give me the candy.




Incidentally, that song from the blog title? It's a B-side called Merman, and her live version is really beautiful. If y'all are interested, here's the youtube video!

No comments:

Post a Comment