Monday, April 12, 2010

"I have just one little egg. OK?"

Those were Jack's words to us at the dinner table on Sunday night. His plate was piled with corn and meat and mushrooms, but no. The kid had his sights set higher.



Because this year, he's old enough to appreciate the real meaning of Easter - to hoard chocolate eggs, and guzzle them in private. Which is exactly what he's been doing all week.








This weekend was pretty lazy. I finally enjoyed a few movies I've had on the back burner - like (500) Days of Summer, which i LOVED! All of the kookiness really appealed to me, and i loved that it looked at relationships from a more honest perspective that a lot of movies do. Great soundtrack too!
And then there was the big goodbye - we farewelled Leah and Chris, who left for their huge UK adventure on Friday. They are settling in London for the next year - and even though i feel TOTALLY abandoned by my MAID OF HONOUR in my TIME OF NEED....i will forgive her (this time) and wish her well. I've already had an email update that's made me super jealous - alas, I'm pretty sure there'll be more of those to come.

YAWN! Going to bed. (Abrupt endings. Are awesome.)

No comments:

Post a Comment