Friday, April 2, 2010

Thoughts on the humble Easter Egg

It's my opinion that Easter egg chocolate is different to all other chocolate. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just me. But there's something about it that just TASTES better. Therefore, this time of year usually results in a gorge-fest of easter eggs. Problematic, i assure you, for my already troubled waistline. Nonetheless, i can't resist their pull. The shiny wrapper definitely helps. They look so pretty - all the bunnies lined up in their little foil coats and jackets and dresses, the bundles of baby eggs, so sweetly wrapped in all the colours of the rainbow, and that's just your garden variety. These days they've got all sorts of fandangled new shapes and characters and flavours - like the recent introduction of the Easter Bilby. Now look, i respect Australian wildlife as much as the next person, but lets just stick with tradition on this one huh? Easter is for rabbits. Not Bilbys. Do we have to Aussie-fy everything?




Anyway, I consider myself somewhat of an egg connoisseur, and after much research (hey, someones gotta do it), the humble Red Tulip Milk Chocolate Easter Egg still kicks total egg-butt. You can't go past a classic and I still buy them every year. When I'm not eating them, I'm craving them. When Easter's over, i pine for them. When they're selling post-Easter stock in supermarkets for 3 bucks a pack, I'm the crazy lady pushing kids out of the way to get to them. In short - our bond has lasted a lifetime. Go get yourself a packet right now (or better yet, get two packets and send one to me.)




We're off to the Gold Coast for our break this year, so we'll be back in 4 days. I hope you all have a safe and happy Easter, and remember - you're never too old to hunt for an egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment