Monday, November 15, 2010

Good vibrations

So. A word about last weeks weather - it was awesome. Made me wanna run through the streets screaming I Love You Sydney! I Love You Summer! I mean, i didn't. But i WANTED TO.




To show out appreciation to the Weather Gods, we took ourselves, and the pest, to Balmoral beach. It really was the perfect day for it, and the best thing about Balmoral is that it's in a bit of a cove, which means the water is always warmer than you otherwise get. Because I'm one of those people that takes about 45 minutes to get in. I've gotten better as I've gotten older, but still. I'm not one of these dive-right-in types. No, I'm your splash-myself-delicately-to-get-used-to-the-temperature gal. Don't judge.




Jack and I braved the waters and had a marvellous time, but some chickens i won't name (Maria and Jo) didn't want to go in because despite the 30 degree heat, it was "too cold". Whatevs - you missed out kids. Being a kiwi, Jo doesn't much get my love for the beach. Maybe it's an Aussie thing, i don't know, but i literally crave it when summer starts to hit. The sand irritates him, for a start, and I'm not allowed back in the car before I've cleansed myself of any stray particle that might remain. The heat, well he can't stand that. I mean he can stand it, but he doesn't love it like i do. I say, bring on the humidity. He says, turn the air conditioning on. *shrugs* maybe I'm the weird one.




So, here's the pest. You have to admit, he has his charms. Even I gave a big ol' 'awwwww' when i saw this one.







Aaaaaand here's Balmoral in all its blue-skied glory...









After a swim, the best thing you can do is lie yourself down in the sun (sunscreen-protected, of course. I'm big on that, 'specially in this country) for a warm up....



Maria, me, pest




Uhuh. We sure do live in a beautiful city, country, planet.






To round off our productive day, Jo took the opportunity to teach Jack a few of life's necessities:
1. How to fart on people
2. How to give the finger.
Yep. That's why we don't have kids.

2 comments: