Monday, April 4, 2011

New shoes (Or, I Love My Husband)

Friday was a bad day at work. Really bad. Like, tears and hysterics bad. Like, why do I even bother to turn up every day bad. Like, is it time to resign bad. Which was a shame because I was really looking forward to my weekend, and I didn’t appreciate ending the week on such a low note. I knew I had dinner out with David and Mel that night, so I plastered a smile on my face and soldiered on. A few king prawns and a glass of wine later, I was feeling a little better. And it helps to be around funny people who know how to make you laugh. Still, on the drive home my stomach felt heavy and I the thought of going back to work on Monday, even though it was a whole weekend away, really, really depressed me. I went to bed in a funk and woke up the same way. And then my completely wonderful husband produced the very thing that made all the badness disappear. “Late wedding present,” he said, “just cause I love ya.” The present came in THIS bag:

Now, if you know me, you know my feelings on Chanel. I mean it’s the ultimate in class. Still, we don’t exactly have the money to go splurging on designer goods, like, ever. But if and when we ever would, my pick would always be Chanel. So this was all very exciting. Ta da!



Needless to say, I love my new shoes. I stroke them lovingly in private. I cradle the box like a little baby. I dream of the day when a Chanel bag will compliment the whole look (this is many, many years and thousands of dollars away, but hey, a girl can dream.) But most of all, I think about how lucky I am to have a husband who goes out of his way to treat me, just because.

3 comments:

  1. OK, if he woke you up with Chanel shoes... what else did you get from Chanel when you went shopping in this picture?... http://twitpic.com/4fxy67

    ReplyDelete
  2. He didn't wake me with the bag, alas. (Hell, that woulda been nice too - but who am i to be ungrateful in the face of Chanel?) But on Saturday, he told me that we were going to Bondi Westfields (where only the rich and glamerous go, in other words, not our territory), for a special splurge, and so we get there and he steers me towards Chanel and the next thing I know he's handing over a Chanel bag with awesome shoes in it! By the way, two months till your trip, WHAT THE? That's flown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right, I need Jo to pass tips on to The Husband. Maybe we leave them be for half an hour in Sydney when I visit IN TWO MONTHS!!!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete