Monday, December 14, 2009

It's sharp. Razor.

I asked Jo to give me a witty blog title for tonight's blog about our weekend. "But we didn't do anything," he pointed out. Fair enough. But still. Make something from nothing. "OK. Call it "Visiting your parents and Paranormal Activity."" Not what i had in mind really, i explained, cause it's not very funny or interesting, you see. "But it succinctly describes what we did," he protested, "It's sharp! Razor!" And so i christen thee: It's Sharp. Razor.




That delightful anecdote leads me into what we did this weekend, which honestly, wasn't very much. Which is cool by me, cause we needed the rest. For realsies. We have been soooo tired it's not even funny. I can't even remember the last time i had a whole, free weekend. Not a free DAY. A free WEEKEND. Ya. Forever. So, we totally bummed out and relaxed, and God said it was good. I finished my book, we watched pleeeenty of TV (I'm talking awesome Christmas specials on the food channel like Nigella's Christmas and Jaimie Oliver's Christmas and the Great British Christmas Menu and The River Cottage Christmas and OH it was grand. I love watching people make delicious food that i have absolutely no intention of trying myself.)




Anyway, we weren't total bums. We did go out to see my parents so Jo could finish up the Christmas lights on the house, which is looking very nice indeed. While we were out there, we took a little tour of the suburbs cause as i said in my last post, Christmas lights are all the rage again. As i have decided it is my duty to bring you constant Christmas cheer this December, here are some of the best efforts:












On Sunday, we decided against trying to beat our personal record for number of hours spent inside doing nothing, and instead ventured into the Christmas rush madness of the city to see a movie and take a walk. The movie of choice was Paranormal Activity, which has received plenty of hype about how scary it is, and y'all know how much Jo and I love scary movies - except that Jo never actually GETS scared, so that kinda sucks. Never more true than in this movie, which had me cowering under my cardigan (yeah, i wear cardigans. what's the issue?), while Jo stretched nonchalantly in his seat predicting everything that was about to happen onscreen. Anyway, if you get scared easily, you'll definitely get scared in this. You don't realise how tense you are the whole film until it ends.
Afterwards, we took a walk down to Circular Quay where a cruise ship was just about ready to take off (how we lamented the fact that we weren't on it! damn you work! damn you capitalism!)



Jo stares longingly at all the people about to embark on a lovely holiday while we have to go to work the next day. Note how i have lined up the flag on the harbour bridge to look as though they are about to enter his nose (cause I'm mature like that).


Luckily, we reasoned, this week is the last FULL week of work till January - and that was worth a smile.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ornella,

    I have decided to pick my favorite house with Christmas lights. Mind you they are all very good and deserve much priase but there can only be one winner of this prestigious award.

    And the winner is entry number 3!! I like the mix of colours on this one best.

    Number one only has one real colour so is a little plain. Number two was very close to the big prize cause the blue looks great but in the end I went with the mix of colors on number 3.

    Maybe I should say the winner was the Xmas spirit and all that stuff too.

    DT
    Turns
    Turnsie

    ReplyDelete