Sunday, June 19, 2011

T is for Tea

I'm into those daily deal things at the moment, especially when you get a good one for eating out somewhere - something i looooove doing. So when i cam across one recently for high tea for two at a bargain price, i snapped it up.

Mum and I went along try it out. I have my usual high tea favourite spots in Sydney, but this one was at the cafe at the Museum of Sydney, and i have to say i was pleasantly surprised. Mismatched crockery is always a hit with me - tick, they had that. And high tea definitely has to be petite, but filling - tick again. Oh, and the tea selection should be good - extensive, plenty of black teas and plenty of herbal concoctions. Tick again. The decor wasn't fab, but hey, can't be fussy for 30 bucks.

Here's mum, having a grand time...





...and here's what she came up with when i trusted her to take a picture of me...(thanks for making sure that silver bar cut me right in half, Ma.)





There was plenty of food - we were both stuffed by the end of it. High tea always surprises me like that. I never think there's going to be enough, everything always looks so small - but I'm always so full by the end of it. PS, note the sugar cubes - tick. Very civilised.









And the candy floss on top of the creme brulee? A triumph.




After our tea, we wondered around town for a while before heading up to do some shopping (great sales at Myer by the way). Even though i work in the city every day, i stick to the same places all the time - you can easily forget how many pretty buildings and sights there are (even when its drab and overcast).






It was a nice day out, my only day out the whole long weekend actually because it bucketed down on my way home that afternoon and didn't let up again. I'm glad i got out of the house at least once.



No comments:

Post a Comment