Thursday, September 9, 2010

Top of the Pops

Sunday was Fathers Day, and since my Dad's birthday was a mere few days before, this meant only one thing - double the cash spent in half the time.
Just kidding. I love celebrating all that love at once. Honest. Here some fun facts about Dad:
1) 90% of what he eats he's made himself. Wine, olives, tomato sauce for his pasta, salami and other cured meats, all manner of vegetables and herbs from his garden...he's very self sufficient. And he's very generous with his produce. We can't walk out of the house without a bag of broccoli or fresh eggs or fruit in tow.
2) He knows how to throw a good party. At Christmas, he'll ask Jo how many cases of beer he thinks we'll need for our annual bash. Jo is usually generous in his estimation - "I reckon 3, just to be on the safe side." My Dad will usually pause and consider this, before replying "No. I think 5. We get 5."
So. You can bet that party's always a cracker.
3) Dad is a staunch Bulldogs supporter. They are his favourite football team. So strong is his love and support for the the Dogs that any time they look like they're going to lose a game, he'll hurl abuse at the television and promptly go to bed.
4) Although he is the biggest Italian of them all, he will not eat a pizza with cheese. That's right. No cheese. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF ANYTHING SO RIDICULOUS??????? His pizza consists of tomato sauce, oregano, olives and anchovies. I have never in my life seen him eat a pizza with anything other than the above 4 ingredients, ever.
Lastly - and this fact is really interesting:
5) My Dad is never wrong. He's right all the time. It's amazing! I know, you're shocked. But it's true, he'll tell you himself. In all of his 64 years, he's never once been wrong about anything.
It really is extraordinary.

On Father's Day we had some old friend's over for lunch to celebrate. A great day had by all! For some reasons picture were lacking - even though this post is about Dad, here's some pics of me, Jo and the dogs!




Jo and I


Reggie and Cooper.



Reggie. Look at those sad eyes! He always looks so anxious.




No comments:

Post a Comment