Monday, April 27, 2009

Why did i ever stop riding!?

A quick post tonight to say i had an absolute ball at my riding lesson tonight - i had totally forgotten how rewarding and fun horse riding is. Plus, it's something I'm actually good at - it felt really good to hear that this is something i seem to be naturally good at, and i felt it all coming back to me once i was (pardon the pun) back in the saddle!





I rode an a lovely horse called Arci, and i was certainly put through my paces - it may not look like it, but riding is hard work! It's all about posture and using your thighs and calves to control your horse. Even just keeping your arms in the correct position for so long takes a bit of effort - it's a good work out! But more than that - i just LOVE horses. Always have. I love to ride, the thrill of it, the smell of the horse, that feeling of literally having to be one with the animal for it work smoothly - you have to work WITH the horse, and some people have that ability to make it look seamless.



They are a beautiful, beautiful animal - powerful, trusting, amazing, smart creatures. Anyway - it's great, great fun, and i can't wait for another lesson next week.



Now I'm sitting with Jo and David watching the Biggest Loser finale - we are all addicted to this show! Still, whatever you think of reality TV, i have to say - it's pretty damn amazing what these guys have achieved. I'm actually getting teary watching it!!



Ok, have to run. About to have a lovely cup of peppermint tea on this chilly night.


No comments:

Post a Comment