Saturday, September 26, 2009

Back-tracking slightly...

To be fair I've been a little lazy getting this up cause of all the other things that were going on this week, but a few people have asked, so here you have it - Andrew and Ashley's engagement party! It was a great day, particularly hot but a late shower cooled everything down thank goodness. The food and drink flowed for what felt like hours, even though at the end of the day my dad STILL thought there wasn't enough (???), and as usually i always love these occasions when the whole family can get together, all...60...of us. You can always rely on lots of laughter and reminiscing and teasing and all that good stuff. Here are some highlights!




Andrew and Ashley cut their cake!


My dad makes a speech, which included him informing everyone that if they weren't having a good time, it was probably their fault.




Mum with the happy couple!



Max looking gorgeous as always.



Charlie and I sharing the love




Jack gives his favourite person a kiss. I'm the favourite person. Get it? Get it?



Not sure what Christian and I are laughing at here, but anyway. Good times.



Christian and Jack. They kinda look like they've been photo shopped into this photo. But they haven't been. Just so you know.



Max and Christian. Can't believe they are BOTH looking at the camera and BOTH smiling! Usually you don't get that lucky with kids...


Now here's a story. When it came to Ashley's speech, she kindly thanked all the important people, like my parents and Jo and so on, and then she came to me. "Nell," she said, "I love you, you're like the sister i never had. ...except you scare me sometimes".
So folks, there you have it. I am officially a scary sister-in-law. I never knew. Naturally I was forced to think long and hard about my general behaviour, and can admit the following:
- I can fly off the handle. A lot. But. It's a sign of passion, right?
- I sometimes raise my voice when i get angry...only sometimes though. Totally.
- My opinions can be extremely strong. Equally, i'm extremely unyielding when it comes to them
- My stubbornness can be...unbecoming at best
- Some would call me strong-willed *coughs* (those are the nice people)
- I'm bossy
So. Fine. I admit my weaknesses. But still. Scary? Guys? Really?

I've resolved to smile more, even when there's no reason to. It might make me look friendlier.

2 comments:

  1. Had to comment on this one

    Now, i agree about the passion....raising voice...hmm not sure. The third and fourth i actually like...wish u cud show it more:-) fifth...i am coughing hard:-) and sixth, are you kidding me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't raise your voice, although it does go up an octave.

    Sometimes, I think you may even hit those whistle register notes that we've been secretly hoping to hit (ala MC - Vision Of Love... I'll take the bass bits...)

    ReplyDelete