Monday, September 14, 2009

Birthday props!




On Friday, my dear cousin Daniel reached that age. We'll whisper it together. 30.



To mark this descent into middle-age, Romina threw the party to end all parties, complete with flamenco dancers, free-flowing sangria and an iced vovo cakes. That's right ladies and gentlemen - an iced vovo cake. I'm going to go ahead and say right now that the genius you behold below started right here baby, with yours truly. I mean OK. Romina was right there with me on the idea. And yes, its true she carried it from conception to reality without a hitch. But hello. A creative brain like mine cannot be held back.




Besides. When you think Daniel, you think biscuits. The man's obsessed. I reckon he could smell a biscuit in a cupboard three doors down. He's a connoisseur in the art of biscuit eating. So much so that when he eats them, he experiences a rare form of memory loss similarly experienced by people coming out of a coma - although physically present in the moment, he has no recollection of the events that led him to be holding an empty biscuit packet that a mere 10 minutes ago was still full.




And the iced vovo is his favourite of all my friends. The one he can't live without. I mean, his wedding vows? "Till death do us part, or you take away my iced vovo". Sorry Rom. It's not you. I reckon it's the little pink marshmallows. No-one could compete with those darn things.




Voila! Iced Vovo cake genius. Hold your applause.




Rom and I workin' some attitude.




Jack says "lemme hear some woop woop"



Daniel says "lemme hear some woop woop"

So, I think my favourite part of the evening was watching Daniel flamenco it up with the lady dancers, if you know what I'm sayin *wink wink*. Now, let me say right here that Daniel has had dancing lessons folks. In fact, he and Rom reunited at salsa lessons, which led to dating, which led to marriage, which led to iced vovo cakes at his 30th birthday bash and so on and so forth. But alas, on the eve of celebrations honouring his survival of 30 years on the planet, Daniel did not put his best foot forth.
I mean, was it funny? Hell to the yeah! Some might say sad. But not me, no siree. I was laughing my ass clean off the table kids. That was the funniest thing Ive seen in months. Skinny white dude pretending he knows how to dance the cha cha? CHECK! Topped my night off like a cherry on a sundae. (Kidding Daniel - ya did good kid. Kinda. I mean it really was funny. But i totally laughed with you, not at you. *coughs*)
In all seriousness, it was a really fantastic night which Romina could NOT have pulled off without me. Just kidding, i did nothing. We had a great time!! Happy birthday Daniel, hope when we're old and grey we're still doing the two-step same as always.


Dan and Rom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment