Sunday, September 20, 2009

I don't think you're ready for this jelly




I seem to say this every week, but Lordy have i been busy! I'm so tired right now that i can't even think straight, but I'll quickly recount some of our adventures from this weekend. Which started with a bang when Ashley, Kama and I went to see Beyonce in concert on Friday night!! Can i get woot woot please, cause she was freaken awesome. Seriously amazing - not only can the girl belt out a tune, but she can also shake her booty in sequined high-heels non-stop for hours, even suspended in mid-air which, in my book, is pretty damn impressive.



Single Ladies was obviously a highlight, as was Crazy In Love, and of course plenty of ballads like Halo and If I Were a Boy. She did all the old Destiny's Child stuff too, and i kept wondering whether she has to ask the other two if it's OK to sing those songs at her concerts. All in all i would report her as being as bootylicious as you'd expect, and then some. Faatasi (who was there too) sent me a text after the concert ended that summed it up best - "Beyonce is GOD!" We had a fantastic night - and i will say right now that when she sang At Last with a montage of Barrack Obama showing on the screens in the background, Ashley cried. Bloody Americans. *winks*



Ashley rockin it at Beyonce



Ashley snuck McDonalds apple pie in - and i wanted it.



Um, excuse me - but if you like it then you should have put a ring on it.




Saturday morning i was still pretty hyped, which was lucky cause i had to get up early (well, early for me on a Saturday) to go meet Faatasi in the city - we went to check out the Museum of Contemporary Art, because, we determined, that is what adults do on Saturday mornings. And after all, we are adults now. (*sniggers* sure...)



Firstly, i will say that i had my real camera with me, and Faatasi only had his iPhone - yet HE was the one that got busted taking photos (which apparently is not allowed, because God forbid you disturb the art). Also, i would like to clarify that i use the term "art" here loosely - in my opinion, modern art is hit and miss, and certainly doesn't always require talent. For example, a bunch of beer cartons (VB, if you're interested) and packets of nappies strewn haphazardly in the corner of the room does not an artist make as far as I'm concerned. The MCA felt the opposite though, since that was one of the "pieces" that featured. I can't tell you how many times we looked at each other with furrowed brows and to ask "is this really art?" If it is where do I sign up to get my art put on display, cause excuse me, but i could give the beer and nappy lady a run for her money.



Don't get me wrong, there was some really interesting, thought-provoking stuff we loved, like this stuff:







(Admittedly, it was the pretty colours on this one that we liked, not the message behind it all)




And then of course the stuff that made us say "errr....?"


Naked man says come inside.





Calculator mounted on wall. I'm still so baffled by this that i can't even think of anything witty to say about it.



Faatasi inspects some weird, eye-ball looking stones in glass jars.



Our foray into the arts got us pretty hungry, so we headed over to Pancakes on the Rocks (via the markets) for some food, only that we couldn't decide whether we wanted savoury or sweet pancakes - so we got both *shrugs* I'm pretty sure the waiter was confused about how much food we were ordering, being that we were only two people. But he obviously doesn't know us or our stomachs, cause I'm pretty sure we can eat most people under the table. Kat and Jo joined us eventually (after a bit of a debacle involving Kat ending up totally in the wrong place, however i will not go into that here as it caused us all quite a bit of grief at the time...)
Then it was goodbyes all around, and i darted off the hairdressers to sort out my scraggly birds nest of a mane which was in serious need of some attention, before darting back to town to watch the NZ vs Australia game with Kat and Turnsie before heading over to the Annandale Hotel to see Shihad in concert...however, i will post more about that, and Andrew and Ashleys engagement party later in the week cause i am pooped!

1 comment:

  1. For a day that was supposed to be about getting smarter with a visit to the art gallery, I felt surprisingly dumber leaving the gallery.

    Actually that's not a surprise. But really.

    Upside down calculator to spell words like "BOOBS"?

    I mean, really.


    ... Maybe we were just too smart for the art(?)

    ReplyDelete