Sunday, January 10, 2010

Anyone else wanna boycott work tomorrow?

...no? Just me? It seems like it was Friday only a moment ago. Monday morning is the worst of course, what with it marking the longest possible stretch of time until Friday afternoon and all. This week has felt LONG too, i think cause the weather has been all over the place, and I've been feeling cooped up as a result.




On the plus side, I've been reading a lot - I've just embarked on the 650 pages that make up Wolf Hall, by Hilary Mantel, which won the Booker Prize last year (as in, the year that ended 10 days ago). It's some pretty heavy reading - all about Thomas Cromwell and his rise to power in the court of Henry VIII.




On Friday we went to dinner with Daniel and Romina to Braza, a wonderful Brazilian BBQ restaurant where there are 32 varieties of foods on the menu and you get to try every single one! It was delicious. I mean we were stuffed by the end of it, but i just didn't want to stop eating. Romina is now in her third trimester, which means we are talking all things baby. She did make me laugh - as Daniel helped her down the stairs with perhaps a touch too much care, she quipped "I'm not disabled Daniel, I'm pregnant." True, and besides, her hormones are on steroids right now - none of us are game to argue. (Kidding, Rom. Or am I...? *waggles eyebrows*)




Despite a whole week of overcast weather, Saturday dawned bright, sunny and HOT. I'm talking some serious heat here, nearly 40 degrees. Plenty of sweaty people around, let me tell you. Yep. Sweat. I had the pleasure of watching it drip down Turnsie's bald head all afternoon, at a BBQ we went to for our good friend Bernard's 50th birthday. We've worked with Bernie for a long time, years actually, and he and his family are great. He is a HUGE music fan, anything and everything, so the playlist at the par-tay was fabulous, naturally. It was a typical Aussie summer day - a BBQ out the back, sitting around with the music and the mozzies, drinking beer and sipping wine and watching the kids splash around in the pool. After the sun went down and the stars came out, we just went on a-sippin' and a-singin' until who knows when, and all felt right in the world. Simple pleasures :)




I'm watching Doubt, that movie with Meryl Streep (who can do no wrong in my eyes) and Amy Adams, and since it's getting to be quite interesting, I'm off to pay closer attention, which will help me avoid facing the fact that it's going to be MONDAY MORNING soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment