Sunday, January 24, 2010

Birthday parties

As i mentioned a post or two back, i babysat Jack on his birthday for a while, before partying hard into the night at his birthday party, cause kiddie parties go off hard core. I don't know if you knew that. But Lordy they do. I should mention, it was also my other cousin William's FIRST birthday that same day, which meant double the fun and double the partying.



Jo and I got Jack a ride-on digger for his birthday, which he loved - only that it had to actually be put together. Er. Which is fine, except for that I'm not the handiest person to have around in times of stress or danger or construction. Thankfully we had Leah to help us. Or should i say Lilo, which is what Jack calls her. "Isn't it lucky we have Lilo to help us?" i said to him. He nodded thoughtfully, before going to pat her hand - "Thank you Lilo." Well. You can't say the kid's not polite when he needs to be.





Lilo and Jack constructing the monster truck



Ride on? Nah man. I'd rather push.




Jack proudly displays his digger skills. He has to work on the whole pedalling thing though, cause i sure as hell got sick of pushing.






Babysitting a two year old is an exhausting business by the way. I was hoping to put my feet up and watch some telly while he played with his toys by my feet, as all good children do. HA. That cosy little scene is a MYTH. I was on my feet all day, pulling out all my powers of distraction and coercion. But he pushes himself to the brink, as all children do, until he collapses in your arms, exhausted, rests for 5 minutes, gets a second wind and you're off again.
That night it was off to his birthday party, which was very cute....

The new two year old, working the room



Raffael, Christian and William, with their grandfather, Maria's dad



Raffael and I sharing some lovin'



Maria, Peter and Jack




Totally awesome Thomas the Tank Engine birthday cake, sadly demolished in under 3 seconds by hyperactive children in need of more sugar.



William and HIS birthday cake! Already one, and handsom-er than ever, with his mum, my cousin Sylvana. Jack very kindly took it upon himself to blow out William's candle, because gosh darn it, his own wasn't enough.



Birthday boy



Jo, me and Jack




On Thursday night we went to see a photographer we liked for the wedding - he's a kiwi guy, so Jo felt an affinity! - and he was very nice, so we have a good feeling about him. His photos are very casual and fun and beautiful, so we'll see. There are one or two others i wouldn't mind checking out - i guess the thing with photos is that they are pretty much the only thing you'll have left over from your day! So you want them to be good...and i hate those posed shots, cause it feels so fake and i have no doubt you feel like a dumbass taking them - so any like that are a big no no for me. Anyway, i guess it helps to have a good rapport with the photographer you are having on the day, cause they will make you feel relaxed and at ease, which is definitely the vibe we got from this guy at least.
The rest of the weekend has been slow - I've had a bit of a stomach bug, so i am finally taking it easy. Though i did catch up with Faatasi today for some creative input into wedding ideas, and let me tell y'all - the juices were totally flowing. Not that I'm willing to divulge my vision, but we had some fun ideas, cause hello, there's no way I'm putting on a boring show.
Off to watch more SVU. I heart season 11. Holla for Australia Day on Tuesday - NO WORK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment