Thursday, January 21, 2010

Life on Mars

It's official. I am living a crazy life. It cannot be maintained. Is everyone this busy, or just me? So busy have i been that we are reaching yet another weekend and i haven't even bothered to tell you about the last one. So I'm going to recap it quickly because i was reminded how lucky i am to have such wonderful friends and family, and hello, that deserves a shout out.




On Friday, my bestie Leah came on over for a girls night which mainly involved looking through wedding magazines and tearing out stuff we liked. You might know that Leah is going to be my Maid of Honour, and its a damn good thing because the girl is highly organised and, more importantly, always happy to partake in wedding talk, no matter what else is going on. I was BEYOND touched, however, when she presented me with this:









A wedding planner folder that she'd made me herself, complete with sections for every aspect of wedding planning you could imagine - cake, themes, colours, ideas, dress, bridal party, music...everything. Either she loves me to bits or she really does have too much spare time on her hands - and hell, I'm gonna go with door number one. Do i have the bestest of best friends or what? For realsies. I'm a lucky gal.




On Saturday, i met Maria and Jack at Chatswood to go shopping for Jack's birthday present. As you know, he turned 2 on Tuesday, but because his Thomas the Tank Engine cake deserves a post unto itself, I'll save that story for another time. On Saturday, it was merely a case of birthday present shopping. I initially wanted to get him a slippery dip for the backyard, but that plan went down the toilet when we discovered that every store had sold out of them (why Target? Why?) Maria to the rescue though, cause she went out early on Tuesday morning to pick up choice number 2, an enormous ride-on digger that he loves, and was therefore perfect. You're welcome, Jack.




So he's currently obsessed with babycinos, which is basically a tiny cup of warm milk topped with froth and chocolate sprinkles, and marshmallows of course - the kid loves his marshmallows. Alas, the marshmellows were not meant to be on Saturday. "The man ran out of marshmallows," Maria told him as she handed him his babycino. Which would have been fine, if she hadn't made the mistake of following that statement up with "...Naughty man."




Jack frowned. Then he turned to glare at the barrista. His message was clear - nobody, and i mean nobody, ruins my babycino by running out marshmallows. No siree bob. He stood on his chair and pointed a stubby finger in the barrista's direction, before bellowing across the food hall "NAUGHTY MAN!" at the top of his lungs. "YOU NAUGHTY MAN!" I was completely embarrassed. I mean the kid has a set of lungs that rival Mariah Carey's. And he wasn't going to let up with just the one holler. No no, the finger pointing and screaming was repeated several times before he would sit down and drink up.


Jack's disgust at the missing marshmallows is clear



And his babycino experience doesn't get any better when he proceeds to spill half of it on himself


And to round up fun family time, Susie, Adrian, Max and the new baby Joshua came over to see us on Sunday afternoon especially to drop off a lovely card and engagement present for us. I mean, do you see? I'm just surrounded by the loveliest of lovely people. This apartment is not particularly kid-friendly though, so we spend a fair bit of time coaxing pens out of Max's hand, lest he draw on the walls, or persuading him to come out where we could see him, because Lord knows there are a lot of expensive breakables in the kitchen.




On Tuesday, Leah and I had the day off to go see some churches, so we could book something in for the wedding...i was afraid i wouldn't find something i liked that would be available, but i was so wrong - the first place we saw ended up being IT. We walked in, and Leah started crying almost immediately. Even I teared up, and hello, I'm not even emotional. It's BEAUTIFUL. Just so beautiful, inside and out - AND it's available. So we're booked in, et voilĂ ! Just like that, we have a church!




Here's a sneak peak....







So, reception venue sorted, church sorted, bridal party sorted...and i know what i want my dress to look like, sort of, so I'm off to see some dressmakers in a couple of weeks to see if they can help me out with what i want...hopefully one of them can!

1 comment:

  1. That was def a quick sneak - which church is it??
    (Also that Naughty Man story was priceless - evil pleasure imagining the embarrassment).

    ReplyDelete