Friday, January 1, 2010

Hello, 2010

It's a rather annoying, because I've found that New Years Eve has become somewhat more emotional for me the older I've gotten. Maybe because you realise how quickly the year has flown by, and how quickly they'll continue to fly by. Or because you think about the people you've lost, and how much you miss them. Or because you look around at the people you have, and how much you love them. Every year brings new blessings, and new disappointments.




This year has been SO full - I've been looking back on this blog, and i can't believe how much we've seen and done, and more importantly, how many wonderful people we have in our lives. I know this is all a bit cheesy, but like I said - it's new years. You think about crap like that.




We rang in 2010 with a bunch of friends at home, and it was GREAT. In Sydney, unless you have a ticket to some event in the city, or you've been lining up all day for a good view of the fireworks, then i find it very hard to see anything or get anywhere. So it was nice to just be at home, where we could drink and reminisce to our hearts content and fall straight into bed afterwards (even if it was 4am by the time i finally got there. what can i say. I'm a total party animal.) A delicious BBQ (times two - we got hungry again at about 1am and fired her up for more bread and haloumi cheese....YUM!) filled our bellies and we danced the night away. Champagne and French Martini's were my drink of choice, cause hello, I'm a classy lady after all.




Jo stuck to beer, but do believe it impeded his Wii skills, cause he got smashed in bowling by the other boys. I'm ashamed to admit it, but Turnsie, who has never played a Wii in his life, beat me twice in the tennis. It's a humiliation i know I'll have to bear for at least the whole of January. I doubt he'll let me forget it any sooner than that.




Jo and I in all our festive glory



I try to deafen Turnsie



Nick and Kirsty


Adrian, Jo, Ash and Con man the BBQ (fear it, dear readers. fear it.)



The expensive champagne comes out, and I'm obviously thrilled by that.



Jo playing the Wii....alas, victory could not be his.


Turnsie about to pop some (more) champers open



Kirsty and I


You know you're in trouble when you start to think it's hilarious to blow your horn tooters (what ARE those things called?) through your nose.


Jo is not amused by the horn blowing. (I, on the other hand, thrived on it.)

So, that's the new year ushered in, and now we're off to Leah's for pool, pizza and movies. As for resolutions - HA. I laugh in the face of resolutions! I defy resolutions! I spit on resolutions! (But only because i know i can't keep them.) We have a busy year - wedding planning, travels, new babies to meet and greet, and a whole lot more fun. So I hope 2010 brings you joy. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment