Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Jo to win Australian Open

Jo's been mastering tennis on the Wii (the proper EA Sports tennis game, which is bloody hard by the way), and he's now past playing a game here or there just for kicks. He's into tournament phase, which means, get your game on. So passionate is he about Wii tennis that he's created his own Wii tennis character, which is not only named after him, but also looks exactly like him (you can do that on Wii cause it's super technological). The first tournament he's played, fittingly enough, is the Australian Open. And tonight, my friends, he smashed Nadal and made it through to the finals - which will be played right here tomorrow night. If he wins, he'll be projected into video game superstardom. Also, it will hopefully raise his current rating of half a star. (Out of 5).




I asked the rookie earlier tonight how it felt to be in an Australian Open final, and this is what he had to say:




"It's an honour. I mean, it's a tournament steeped in rich tradition, and I've worked really hard to get here. I'm proud of my efforts on the court tonight - I've had good form throughout the tournament, so hopefully i can carry that through to tomorrow's match and secure the win."




Only time will tell.




On Monday night, we went to see Sherlock Holmes, which I've been wanting to see for ages. It was worth the wait - Robert Downey Jnr and Jude Law have great chemistry, and their exchanges had me in stitches. Plus, everyone knows i love the whole 'London in the Victorian era' thang, so the costumes and scenery were right up my alley. A fun romp, well worth watching. We're normally not "Monday night at the movies" types, but Tuesday was Australia Day, a public holiday, so no work! Not that we did much. In fact i felt very un-Australian. No BBQ, no beer, no beach. What can i say, we're very boring sometimes. I did watch the whole series Lost in Austen (Erin - have you seen this?? Watch it!), which is about a modern London gal who goes through a door in her house and finds herself in Pride and Prejudice. No really, actually in Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth Bennet swaps lives with her and the whole story as she knows it gets thrown into disarray. OK, so it's an outrageous stretch of the imagination even for me, but it was lots of fun and it's totally made me want to re-read the book.




In unrelated matters, we went to Manly last Thursday to see a photographer...i think i mentioned that already last post...but we took the opportunity to have fish and chips by the sea, which seemed the summery thing to do.












And....TA DA! We have a new bedspread. Maria got it for us for Christmas and i finally put it on yesterday. It was the most exciting thing that happened all day. I love it. Jo...well, it's colourful for his tastes. Come on folks. Tell me you love it too.






Kinky or disturbing? You decide.




1 comment:

  1. "Stop.. I'm having a postmodern moment!" (loved that moment but I was shipping Wickham most of the time).

    E=)

    ReplyDelete